Sunday 2nd April sees a fun-packed day in the wonderful setting of Fairhaven – and you are invited to come along to see and enjoy at first hand what Fairhaven has to offer, and, if you wish, join in with a full day of activities. All the Fairhaven resident clubs will be offering a free have a go session including tennis, bowling, and sailing……and lots more! You can have a look round the watersport centre and try your hand at some of the different watersports you can do at Fairhaven. Or you can simply take a stroll around the new community garden and see how you can get involved!
Here’s just some of the wealth of activities and attractions on offer tomorrow (Sunday 2nd April) from 11.00 a.m. until 4.00 p.m.
- Have a Go Canoe Sessions – join the venue’s resident water sports coordinator to have a free try at canoeing and learn more about the various water sport offerings – all equipment will be provided
- Model Boat Club – check out some of the models the club brings along to Fairhaven and learn more about the group who meet weekly at the Lake
- Marine Park Bowling Club – there are some glorious greens at Fairhaven, so take the opportunity to have a go at bowls and visit the onsite bowls clubhouse to find out about membership
- Fairhaven Bowls Academy – if you’re thinking of getting into bowls then the Fairhaven Bowling Academy is a great place to start. And the good news is that it’s aimed at all ages and abilities.
- Fairhaven Lawn Tennis Club – if you’re interested in tennis come along and try the hard and grass courts. Members from Fairhaven Lawn Tennis Club will be on hand to show visitors around their clubhouse and answer any questions.
- Try Archery! – Blackpool Bowmen Archery Club will be on hand offering taster session and information about their club.
- Enjoy the funfair which will be on site on this special day
- Fylde Community Groups will have stalls available offering information on their specialities.
- The RSPB Ribble Estuary Visitor Centre will be open all day with interactive displays showing everything you need to know about the Lake’s feathered friends.
- The Fairhaven Adventure Golf and Fairhaven Boat Service are both open all day, with usual charges applying, while food and drink will be available to buy from Lakeside cafe and on-site Pavilion and Golf concessions.
- Take the opportunity to have a look at Fairhaven Lake’s buildings which have recently been given a complete overhaul as part of a £1.5m lottery-funded project by Fylde Council. See all the new features including the revival of the original Japanese garden, which was covered over in the 1960s.