Local Pet charity issues warning about Christmas pet treats⚠️

Local Pet charity “Easterleigh” have issued a warning to pet owners about some treats that might be actually dangerous to your pet. Many of us treat our pets at Christmas, but please read the following warning ⚠️

Best avoided

Its getting to that time of year where the brightly coloured, festive looking dog treats appear on the shelves.

With Christmas fast approaching and lots of new puppy owners, we know most of you know they are bad but often people who don’t own dogs will buy your dog/puppy a present for Christmas and these look fun…. they are NOT!

If you get any BIN 🗑 THEM DO NOT give them to your dogs or puppy’s


The vast majority of these rawhide products and treats come from China.

Their journey starts with the hides being soaked in a toxic sodium sulphide to remove the hair and fat. More chemicals are used in order to split the hide into layers which is then washed with hydrogen peroxide to give the white “pure” look and remove the rancid smell.

Now comes the pretty festive colours and the glue to form cute shapes.

They regularly cause intestinal blockages and choking. The chews go slippery when wet and are near impossible to get hold of to save a choking dog.

Please be safe with your dogs!

Thanks Easterleigh, I won’t be buying my dog any of these!!

Related Posts