Dog walkers be vigilant ⚠️⚠️
Just earlier this week we warned of rat poison deposited in Stanley Park seriously harming a dog. A lady called called Laura has kindly taken to Facebook yesterday to warn other dog walkers of ongoing poison traps in the Stanley Park /Blackpool Zoo area. She writes-
“Heads up people! I took my dog for a walk down the grass in front of the zoo ( opposite stanley park) my dog went running through the leaves then smelled something so stopped to investigate, she snuggled in the leaves and it’s a good thing I was watching her, she unearthed a pile of these pink pellets just lying under a couple of leaves so I pulled her away. On returning home I googled it and it’s Rat Poison!!! Just lying there waiting for some unsuspecting animal !! I am horrified at what could have happened, don’t take your eyes off your dog for a minute! This confirms another poisoning earlier this week on stanley park! Be vigilant people.”
Thank you for the warning Laura, and please take care with your dogs around this area.