£150 Energy Support Payment From Fylde Council For Residents With Card Or Cash Meters

Fylde residents who pay their energy bills by card or cash meter will soon be able to apply for a one-off £150 payment through Fylde Council’s Energy Rebate Discretionary Scheme. This scheme also includes those who live in houses of multiple occupation (HMOs).

These residents, who would not have been eligible for a payment under the main element of the Energy Rebate scheme, will be able to apply online with appropriate supporting documents (detailed below), after which payment will be made directly to their bank accounts. This application procedure will be launched by the end of October 2022, with more details of the process forthcoming later this month.

Leader of Fylde Council and Chair of the Finance and Democracy Committee, Councillor Karen Buckley, said, ‘I am pleased that Fylde Council are able to offer financial support for those who reside in Houses of Multiple Occupation whose energy costs are paid by the landlord. It has been a concern of mine that where coin meters are still in place there is no rebate to the tenants because the energy bill is not in their name. For other tenants in self-contained flats there are many who pay for their energy on prepayment meters and we know that these types of accounts charge the highest tariffs. It is important to get support to those who need it most which is why I have pushed this scheme which has the backing of members of the Finance and Democracy Committee. The cost-of-living crisis is affecting us all, and we at Fylde are committed to helping the most vulnerable amongst us.’

Residents in an HMO who are not directly responsible for their energy bills will be asked to provide a copy of their tenancy agreement, verifying their residence and the inclusion of their bills in their rent, along with a bank statement showing their current address. Those residents who pay by card or cash meter will also be asked to provide a bank statement, along with a copy of their tenancy agreement should they have one.

Leave a Reply

Related Posts