Weather:

Blackpool Police Confident That ‘No Crime’ Took Place After Cab Assault

Following the well-publicised attack on a Blackpool Hackney Cab driver, named as Adam (featured photograph) Police today (Monday 25th March) said that the incident did not take place as described and that they are no longer looking for anyone else in connection with what happened.

A Blackpool Police Spokesperson said, ‘Earlier this month we asked for your help after a Hackney cab driver reported that he had been seriously assaulted in Blackpool.

We were called to Whitegate Drive at 11.37pm on March 13 to reports the driver had been stabbed to the stomach inside his vehicle.

The man, in his 30s, was taken to hospital where he remains for treatment.

Over the last ten days we have carried out numerous enquiries, including house to house, CCTV and other lines of investigations, and we are now confident that no crime has in fact taken place as reported and that no third party was involved in the incident.

The investigation is now closed.’

Det Insp Matthew Frith, of Blackpool Police, said: “We understand that the reports of this incident will have caused the community a great deal of concern, but I can reassure you that we have carried out extensive enquiries and spoken to a number of people and have reached the conclusion that this incident did not take place as described and we are no longer looking for anyone else in connection with what happened.

“I am grateful to all those who came forward with information and would like to thank the community for their co-operation and understanding while we dealt with this complex inquiry.”

For more shocking details of the initial allegation go to: https://www.lythamstannes.news/news/blackpool-taxi-driver-stabbed-in-stomach-dashcam-stolen-in-shocking-cab-attack/

 

 

Related Posts
Categories