On Tuesday 25 July, the public are invited to the Town Hall to view the proposed St Anne’s Event Space concept designs. On this occasion the doors will be open from 12:30 p.m. until 8 p.m.
A Council spokesperson explained, ‘This consultation is your chance to see the concept and have your say. Weather permitting, we will also be in St Anne’s Square on the same day. Can’t make it in person? No worries! You can find all the details on our website 👉 https://ow.ly/RvuJ50PgY2W.’
Some of the important points raised in the online questionnaire include:
- Location : The Events Space (Clifton Drive to Orchard Road) features in the Masterplan for St Anne’s which was agreed in 2022 following extensive consultation with businesses, residents and county highways. It is central and visible from the main road and Promenade, to attract people into the town. The different height levels allow natural viewing points. The space is designed to be flexible to accommodate different size events, the larger ones requiring temporary road closure. The questionnaire asks: ‘What types of events would you like to see in this space?’
- Seating: The plan is to update the seating and ensure it is attractive, durable and accessible. The questionnaire asks about the amount of seating in the Square.
- Accessibility: The questionnaire asks what would be helpful to you in moving through the Events Space from one level to another.
- The Domes: The questionnaire says that they provide a shelter from inclement weather, seating and a space for pop up shops. However, they can also attract undesirable behaviour. The questionnaire asks about the retention of the domes.
- Parking: The plan retains the existing parking area by the Natwest Bank when the events space is not in use. The questionnaire asks, ‘Do you agree that parking provision here is important?’
To complete the questionnaire and additionally share your views on these and other arising issues go to: https://forms.office.com/pages/responsepage.aspx?id=5QJ9_HG9WU6G9o11mEvkqf6cTugeRb9PvSP8Gjtx7WJURDc2VUY5WjE5SkRPOU9WNEtLRFNITjFSMC4u