Based on an old North Pier Show Poster from 1977, this brilliant art work features a wealth of musicians and recording artistes who have a deep connection with the Fylde Coast. The fabulous poster has been produced by http://punkrocktoons.com/
Have you recollections or memories of the featured artistes from their younger days when they lived and were resident in our area?
- Graham Nash OBE was born in Blackpool in 1942. He was member of the excellent Hollies, before joining super-group Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young.
- Andy Summers was born In Poulton-Le-Fylde in 1942. He is best known as a member of the legendary band, The Police
- Ian Anderson MBE was lead vocalist of the band Jethro Tull. Whilst living in Lytham St Anne’s he attended Blackpool Grammar School and then Blackpool College of Art (1964 – 1968)
- Robert Smith was born in Blackpool in 1959. He gained fame as the lead singer of The Cure and lead guitarist for Siouxsie and the Banchees.
- David Ball grew up in Blackpool, attending Arnold School and was a member of Soft Cell and The Grid.
- Chris Lowe was born in Blackpool in 1959 and attended Arnold School. He co-founded the Pet Shop Boys with Neil Tennant in 1981.
- John Robb was born in Fleetwood in 1961. He formed the post punk-rock band The Membranes and later Goldblade.
- Little Boots (Victoria Hesketh) was born in Blackpool in 1984 and attended Rossall Schho and Blackpool Sixth Form College. She is an acclaimed electro-pop singer-songwriter and DJ.
- Singer-songwriter Rae Morris was born in Blackpool in 1992. She attended St George’s School in Marton. She released her debut album, ‘Unguarded’ in 2015. Her second album, ‘Someone Out There’ was released in January 2018. On 4 June 2021, Rae released ‘Fish n Chips”, a collaboration with TikTok star, grime artist, and fellow Blackpool native Soph Aspin.
- The Nolans formed in Blackpool in 1974 and became internationally famous recording stars. The girls went to school at St.Mary’s Catholic College, now St. Mary’s Catholic Academy in Layton.