Fleetwood’s famous Tram Sunday is back on Sunday 17 July, 2022 from 10.00 a.m. until 4.00 p.m. Featuring not only trams, but also presenting a wealth of fun for all the family with a funfair, music, entertainment, stalls and amusements plus plenty of vintage vehicles.
It claims to be the UK’s largest free family vintage transport and arts event and is certainly the biggest event in Fleetwood. It showcases retro and vintage car displays ranging from the 40s, as well as the town’s classic trams.
The big parade starts at 11 a.m. at Ash Street / Poulton Road near the Strawberry Gardens pub – and works its way to Lord Street, following a route along North Albert Street to the North Euston Hotel and gardens.
This year Tram Sunday will feature the legendary:
- Cevic Trawler Tram
- Heritage PD3 Leyland Bus
- Fleetwood Fire Station’s Fire Engine
- RNLI Lifeboat display
- Police Vehicles
- The Royal Poppy Bikes
- 10 All Star HGV Trucks
- Sid Hill V8 Scania Trucks
- North West Blood Bikes
- Fylde Coast MINI meets
- Blackpool & Fylde Land Rover Club
- One of the James Bond BMW Z3 cars from the film GoldenEye
- Roger Moore’s classic car from the TV Series The Saint and many more unique vehicles.
- Fleetwood Old Boys Band
- Highbury Morris Dancers
- Fleetwood Community Fire Station
- Fleetwood Sea Cadets
- Fleetwood Army Cadets
- Fleetwood Police Cadets
- Fleetwood RNLI
- Fleetwood Mounted Police & Horses
- The Wyre & Fleetwood Mayoral Party
- The Town Cryer
- Live band stage at Fisherman’s Walk area with music & superb local talent & entertainment all day
- The spectacular, whacky and outrageous SpareParts Festival that will be packed full of interactive walkabout performances, unexpected characters, crazy contraptions, music, dance and giant puppets.
- Blackpool Heritage Tram Tours are actively involved with lots of unique tours and special tram services on over the weekend.
- Fleetwood’s Famous Market is OPEN
- The towns independent shops, cafes, bars and restaurants are OPEN !
- Funfair and kids rides
- Lots of Gift Stalls, Arts and Crafts, Food Stalls
- FREE PARKING at the APB Car Park Dock Street
- Disabled Parking at Custom House Lane
- Blue Badge Holders unlimited parking