The efforts of volunteers and the support of local residents for ‘Fylde Aid For Ukraine’ will be featured on Granada Reports tonight (Friday 4th March).
The Lytham Institute will be open on Saturday and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. for donations of essential items to be transported to Poland, which borders Ukraine and has taken in thousands of fleeing refugees. This appeal is backed by Fylde Council, who are providing the Institute as a collection point, and the Bobby Ball Foundation, which is acting as the official charitable organisation for the fundraising. A specific list of donations requested is listed below.
Meanwhile, Yvonne Ball, and fellow trustees of the Bobby Ball Foundation, are to hold a lunch event with entertainment at Lytham’s Clifton Arms Hotel on Easter Sunday, April 17. All proceeds will go to the appeal. Norrie Ashcoft is set to host the event, with performers lined up including singing group Total Rewind and vocalist Bethan Thomas.
The specific list of required items is noted below:
List of Items required:
- Blankets (new)
- Bed sheets (new)
- Foil Survival blankets (new)
- Air beds (new)
- Sleeping mats (new or nearly new)
- Sleeping bags (new)
- Pillows (new)
- Towels (new)
- Torches (ideally new and in full working order)
- First Aid Kit (new) and bandages
- Metal cups
- Power Banks, for people in rest centres, to keep their phones on charge so communication with their family members still in Ukraine is not interrupted (ideally new)
- Batteries (AA, AAA)
- Packet new underwear in all sizes (children, women, men)
- Shower Gels
- Sanitary Pads/Tampons
- Wet Wipes