Despite the unseasonable weather, the sell-out first night drive-in movie in the Lowther Gardens has today attracted a wealth of most positive reviews and compliments. Comments include:
- ‘Just back from watching Grease, the first Drive In Movie at Lowther. It was brilliant! Great fun and fantastically well-organised. Thanks to all the amazing staff and volunteers. An excellent and safe night out.
- ‘Great night. Well organised. Thank You!’
- ‘Absolutely fab night, really well organised, can’t wait to go again’
- ‘Loved it thank you. Might be better staggering the cars rather than parking them in lines behind each other so everyone gets a good view. Not a criticism just a suggestion. Thanks to everyone who organised it we had a great night and we’ve booked for another film in August.’
- ‘Fabulous – so well organised and such a brilliant event.’
- ‘Already looking forward to our next drive in! ’
The excellent photograph above, shared by Dan Creasey of Congo Design, shows the Drive In Movie in action – and it certainly captures the sights and atmosphere of the most successful debut evening. Bookings are now being taken for future drive-in movies – but you will have to be quick. Following last night’s success, many dates are now sold out (see below). Get ticket details from www.lowtherpavilion.co.uk or 01253 794221. Cars are £20, walkers and cyclists £5 (bring your own rug to sit on!)
The venture is backed by the Lytham-based Windmill Community Benefit Society.