You are invited to get your bikes out this Sunday (5th December) for a special family Christmas ‘Ride the Lights’ through Blackpool’s wonderful illuminations.
The popular free event sees the seafront stretch fully closed to vehicles for between 4.00 p.m. until 8.00 p.m. to allow cyclists to ride through the spectacular Blackpool Illuminations during the festive season.
Organisers are expecting hundreds of children and families from all over the North West and beyond to attend the dazzling event and we’re calling for people to decorate their bikes with colourful lights and lanterns to add to the festive atmosphere.
And as an added bonus, the weather forecast for Sunday looks most promising – during the day it will be sunny with a moderate breeze! Evening temperatures are forecast to be 4C.
In order to keep safe, participants are asked to remember:
- Please be aware that the tramway will be operational throughout the ride, take special care in the area around North Pier/Metropole Hotel.
- All bikes must have a minimum of one white light at the front and one red light at the back.
- It is highly recommended that all participants should wear a cycle helmet.
- A responsible adult must accompany all children.
- Marshalls and First Aiders will be on hand along the route.
- Bike Doctors and support vehicles will be on hand to look after breakdowns.
- The road will re-open to traffic at 8pm. Please try to plan your ride to reach your destination by this time, and be aware of traffic after this time.