Following the latest Government advice Lancashire County Council will be opening their Lytham recycling centre site, by appointment only, from Friday 15 May 2020. Lytham will be open – 7 days a week – 9am–5pm but for essential visits only. Here is the link for appointment visits: https://www.lancashire.gov.uk/waste-and-recycling/book-appointment/
Here is the guidance for visiting the recycling centres:
- Essential visits only. Recycling centres are being provided for where it is essential that rubbish is removed from the home. Please do not book an appointment if your rubbish can be stored safely at home or disposed of through your normal bin collection. DO NOT visit a recycling centre if you are self-isolating or showing any symptoms of COVID 19.
- You MUST pre-book an appointment. Visits will be by appointment only, subject to availability. You can use the online booking system or call our waste helpline to book a slot.
- Only bring one type of waste to dispose of. You will not be able to walk around the recycling centres using different containers. Construction and demolition waste, also known as inert waste, and plaster, plasterboard or asbestos will not be accepted at this time.
- Cars only – no vans or trailers. Only cars will be allowed into the recycling centres, vans and trailers will not be permitted at this time. Your vehicle registration will be checked on arrival to ensure you have a valid appointment.
- Large and bulky items. You must be able to lift and dispose of the waste yourself or with someone accompanying you to the centre. Our staff will not be able to help you with large or bulky items due to social distancing. Please be kind to our staff, abusive or threatening behaviour will not be tolerated.