The government has introduced a range of measures to support Small Businesses impacted by the COVID 19 lockdown measures. The Local Authority Discretionary Grant Fund is a further measure to provide grants to businesses adversely affected by the measures.
The Discretionary Fund is limited therefore the application process is open for an initial period to JUNE 8th 2020.
All applications submitted by June 8th 2020 will be assessed with eligible applicants awarded a grant based on the criteria set out. If funds are available for a further round of applications details will be announced across our media channels.
Who is Eligible?
Priority will be given to the following types of business that are eligible to apply;
1. Small businesses in shared offices or other flexible workspaces e.g. industrial parks, science parks, incubators etc. which do not have their own business rates assessment;
2. Short term holiday lets / B&B’s that pay domestic council tax instead of business rates;
3. Locally based charity properties receiving charitable business rate relief that would otherwise be eligible for Small Business Rates Relief or Rural Rate Relief;
4. Regular market traders who do not have their own business rates assessment with fixed building costs.
Eligible businesses outside the priority list are also invited to apply selecting the relevant option below.
The eligibility criteria for this Fund have been set by Central Government.
Grants awarded by Fylde Council from this fund, will be capped at £10,000. In taking decisions on the appropriate level of grant, we will take into account the level of fixed costs faced by the business, the number of employees, whether the business had to close completely and was unable to trade online and the consequent scale of the financial impact as a result of COVID-19 measures.
Your business MUST MEET ALL the following criteria in order to be eligible to apply for funding from this scheme;
• The business must have ongoing fixed building-related costs during the COVID 19 lockdown period
• The business must be able to demonstrate a significant fall in income due to the Covid-19 crisis
• The business must have fewer than 50 employees
• The business must have a rateable value of less than £51,000
• The business must have been trading on the 11th March 2020.
Who is NOT Eligible?
Businesses that have received financial assistance from other schemes under the COVID 19 support measures are NOT eligible to receive a grant from this Discretionary Fund – please do not apply if you are eligible for one of the existing business support measures including but not limited to:
• Self-employed Income Support Scheme
• Small Business Grant Fund
• Retail, Hospitality & Leisure Grant
• The Fisheries Response Fund
• Domestic Seafood Supply Scheme
• The Dairy Hardship Fund
Airbnb premises and home workers are not eligible to apply under the discretionary scheme.
For further details click below: