Fylde Council say that the St Anne’s Event Space Project, the first initiative under the St Anne’s Masterplan, is set to transform St Anne’s Road West into a vibrant hub for hosting events.
The Council have today (Wednesday 19th July) given members of the public the opportunity to share their thoughts through an online questionnaire and thereby help shape the future of St Anne’s
Some of the important points raised in the online questionnaire include:
- Location : The Events Space (Clifton Drive to Orchard Road) features in the Masterplan for St Anne’s which was agreed in 2022 following extensive consultation with businesses, residents and county highways. It is central and visible from the main road and Promenade, to attract people into the town. The different height levels allow natural viewing points. The space is designed to be flexible to accommodate different size events, the larger ones requiring temporary road closure. The questionnaire asks: ‘What types of events would you like to see in this space?’
- Seating: The plan is to update the seating and ensure it is attractive, durable and accessible. The questionnaire asks about the amount of seating in the Square.
- Accessibility: The questionnaire asks what would be helpful to you in moving through the Events Space from one level to another.
- The Domes: The questionnaire says that they provide a shelter from inclement weather, seating and a space for pop up shops. However, they can also attract undesirable behaviour. The questionnaire asks about the retention of the domes.
- Parking: The plan retains the existing parking area by the Natwest Bank when the events space is not in use. The questionnaire asks, ‘Do you agree that parking provision here is important?’
To complete the questionnaire and additionally share your views on these and other arising issues go to: