Now that ‘Line Of Duty’ has concluded, fans may be thinking about settling down to view similar series which they may have missed.
Lytham St. Anne’s News has been trawling through a wealth of acclaimed, credible and available series…….and here are a dozen in our list of currently accessible which you may wish to add to – or comment upon – on our Facebook page!
- Too Close (ITV) (a psychological crime drama. Forensic psychiatrist Dr Emma Robinson is assigned to assess Connie, a woman accused of a heinous crime, but who claims she can’t remember a thing)
- The Fall (BBC & Netflix) (a detective superintendent battles her own personal demons as she tries to get inside the head of a serial killer hiding behind a family-man facade)
- Unforgotten (ITV & Netflix) (London police detectives Cassie Stuart and Sunny Khan investigate historic cold cases involving missing persons, murder and long-hidden secrets)
- Marcella (ITV) (a tortured police detective who, alongside her brutal and tough job, has to deal with her own personal demons)
- Collateral (Netflix) (investigating the murder of a pizza delivery man, a London detective uncovers a tangled conspiracy involving drug dealers, smugglers and spies)
- Honour (ITV) (the police investigation and the revelations about police failings in the run-up to the honour killing of Banaz Mahmod who was murdered on the orders of her family after she left an abusive marriage for another man)
- Luther (BBC) (a dedicated police officer, Luther is obsessive, possessed, and occasionally violent)
- Bodyguard (Netflix) (after helping thwart a terrorist attack, a heroic but volatile war veteran is assigned to protect a politician who was a main proponent of the very conflict he fought in)
- Bloodlands (BBC) (a car containing a possible suicide note is pulled out of Strangford Lough and a Northern Irish police detective quickly connects it to an infamous cold case with enormous personal significance)
- The Missing (BBC) ( Tony Hughes is devastated by the abduction of his 5 year old son during a family vacation in France. He becomes a man obsessed, unable to accept that his child may be dead and spends years searching for him)
- The Bay (ITV) (set in Morecambe, the plot centres troubled DS Lisa Armstrong, a police Family Liaison Officer tasked with supporting families while also investigating them)
- Save Me (Sky Atlantic) (a man’s desperate quest to find his daughter has potentially terrible consequences…….written, created and starring Lennie James – from Line Of Duty Series One) Lennie James and Suranne Jones are pictured below in a scene from Save Me.