He was a cub scout leader.
From Lancashire Police –
A PERVERT who abused three boys when he was a cub scout leader in the 1980s has been jailed.
Aaron Blake, now 69, was arrested in December 2018 after he told someone he was hoping to play Father Christmas in local schools. Aware that Blake had previous convictions as a sex offender they called police who arrested him.
While one of his victims had already complained to police in November Blake’s arrest a month later then led to two further victims being identified.
All the victims were boys aged between seven and 12 at the time of the offending which took place in the Chorley area where Blake was a cub leader.
Blake, of Crofts Close, Kirkham, changed his plea on day two of his trial to admit one count of indecency and three counts of indecent assault in relation to his three victims.
He appeared at Preston Crown Court today (Monday, Sept 27th) where he was jailed for five years and two months. He was also given an indefinite Sexual Harm Prevention Order.
Blake was jailed for 9 months in 1996 for indecent assault on a 12-year-old boy. In 2011 he was convicted of making indecent photographs of children and received a community order.
Investigating Officer Simon Morris, of Lancashire Constabulary’s Op Fervent, said: “Blake abused these young boys over a number of years and robbed them of their innocence to satisfy his own depraved sexual desires.
“His conviction and sentence is justice for them and I commend them for their bravery in coming forward and facing their abuser through the court process. They have behaved with dignity throughout this investigation.
“Lancashire Constabulary remains committed to investigating allegations of this nature, no matter how historic, and no matter what the role, position and status of the alleged offender, and we would encourage anyone who has been a victim of a sexual offence to come forward safe in the knowledge that they will be treated sensitively and professionally.”