10-Year-Old Boy Critical After Electric Shock Incident At Blackpool Hotel

A 10-year-old boy is in a critical condition after a serious incident in the Blackpool Promenade’s Tiffany Hotel reception lounge area on Sunday night (3rd September).

A Lancashire Police spokesperson said: ‘We were called to the Promenade, Blackpool, at 10.39 p.m. on Sunday (September 3) to reports a 10-year-old boy had been found unresponsive inside a hotel. He was taken to hospital where he remains in a critical condition.

The child’s injuries are consistent with coming into contact with a high voltage of electricity. Enquiries are ongoing to establish how he came about those injuries and emergency service remain at the scene.’

A spokesperson for Tiffany’s Hotel sad that the venue has voluntarily closed its doors and that it is co-operating with police and council enquiries. In statement the Hotel spokesperson said, ‘We are deeply saddened by this recent incident involving a child who has received a shock on Sunday evening within our reception lounge area. Our thoughts and prayers go out to the child and their family during this distressing time.

We want to reassure everybody that the health and safety of our guests and team remains our number one priority. We have taken the decision to voluntarily close temporarily whilst we undertake our own inspections.

Our phone lines do remain open and we are working very closely with the Blackpool Council and the local enforcement to assist in their investigation.’

A spokesman for Blackpool Council added: ‘Following the incident at Tiffany’s Hotel on Sunday night, an investigation is under way and the hotel is now closed.’

Anyone with information should call police on 101, quoting log number 1635 of September 3.

Related Posts