May 2022 sees the return of the Leg It For Lytham Lifeboats. This big annual fund-raising event kicks off tomorrow (Sunday 1st May) at 11.00 a.m. when the famous local farmer Tom Pemberton officially starts the Leg It challenge.
And during the whole of May, you can take up the challenge of the 5.65 km (or 3.5 miles) route from the Lytham boathouse (on Central Beach, FY8 5LG) to the St Anne’s boathouse on South Promenade, Eastbank Road, FY8 1SJ). Everyone is welcome runners, walkers, toddlers, pram pushers, dog walkers, wheel chair and mobility scooter users. Fancy dress is not necessary but if you wish to dress up to brighten the day please do so.
The beauty of having a month to complete the challenge is that it up to you when you can fit it in to your time schedule and you can take part any time of day on any day of the week. There is the added bonus of using the beautiful coastal path from Lytham to the beach at St Annes which, providing the weather is good, gives great views over the Ribble Estuary and the Irish Sea to the Welsh mountains. Leg It For Lytham Lifeboats 2022 is aiming to raise £10,000.00 which is the average monthly running cost of Lytham St Anne’s lifeboat stations.
The following themed weekends are also planned throughout May, but of course it’s up to you how/when you join in:
- Join the crew Leg It – Sunday 1 May and Monday 2 May – Meet the lifesavers
- Wheelie Leg it – Saturday 7 May and Sunday 8 May – Bikes, pushchairs, wheelchairs, skates
- Doggie Leg it – Saturday 14 May and Sunday 15 May. Bring your pooches along for the challenge
- Fancy dress Leg it – Saturday 21 May and Sunday 22 May – grab your glad rags for this fun challenge
- Family Focus Leg it – Saturday 28 May and Sunday 29 May – fun for all the family
For any enquires please contact email@example.com.