Ten-Year-Old Boy Dies In Hospital After Suffering Electric Shock At Blackpool Hotel

The ten-year-old boy who suffered an electric shock in the reception lounge at Tiffany’s Hotel on Blackpool’s Promenade has tragically died in hospital.

In a statement issued this morning (Friday 8th September) a spokesperson for Lancashire Constabulary said: ‘A boy has sadly died following an incident at a Blackpool hotel. We were called to the Promenade, Blackpool, at 10.39pm on Sunday (September 3) to reports a 10-year-old boy had been found unresponsive inside a hotel.

He was taken to hospital with injuries consistent with coming into contact with a high voltage of electricity and very sadly died in hospital yesterday (Thursday, September 7). His family were by his bedside and our thoughts are with them at this time.

Following an initial police investigation this matter has now been passed to the local authority. A file will be prepared for HM Coroner.’

A spokesperson for Tiffany’s Hotel said: ‘We are heartbroken by the news we have received today and our thoughts and prayers remain with the family at this distressing time. We will continue to provide the relevant authorities any assistance they need to carry out their investigations.

The safety and comfort of our guests remains our number one priority and therefore we have taken the decision to voluntarily close whilst the investigations and our own inspections take place. Our phone lines remain open.’

A spokesman for Blackpool Council added: ‘Following the incident at Tiffany’s Hotel on Sunday night, an investigation is under way and the hotel is now closed.’

Anyone with information should call police on 101, quoting log number 1635 of September 3.

Related Posts