The 10-Year-Old Boy Tragically Electrocuted At Tiffany’s Hotel Is Named Ahead Of Inquest

The 10-year-old boy who tragically died after he received an electric shock in the reception area of Blackpool’s Tiffany’s Hotel has been named. Coroner Alan Wilson has confirmed that an inquest into the death of Jack Piper-Sheach, from Wales, will open on Friday, September 15 at Blackpool and Fylde Coroner’s Court

Jack was in a critical condition in Alder Hey Children’s Hospital for four days His devastated family were at his bedside when he died on Thursday 7th September. After initial enquiries, the Lancashire Police handed their investigation into the incident to Blackpool Council.

Following news of Jack’s tragic passing, a spokesperson for Tiffany’s Hotel said they had voluntarily closed the hotel while investigations are carried out, The spokesperson added, ‘We are heartbroken by the news we have received today and our thoughts and prayers remain with the family at this distressing time. We will continue to provide the relevant authorities any assistance they need to carry out their investigations.’

A later statement from Tiffany’s Hotel spokesperson says: ‘We have remained closed whilst assisting the HSE closely with their investigation. We are grateful to Blackpool Council and the HSE for their valued time and guidance throughout.

All guests with affected bookings during this period were contacted as soon as possible after the decision to close was made and offered alternate dates or refunds. The closure has impacted dozens of bookings but we have found tremendous support and understanding of the situation from our guests which we sincerely thank them for.

Some of our 60-strong team are working remotely whilst others will still be required at the hotel.’

Related Posts