Home News Four Men Jailed For Killing John Hutchinson In Blackpool

Four Men Jailed For Killing John Hutchinson In Blackpool

0 comment

Four men have been jailed today (Tuesday 16th January) for a total of more than 85 years for killing John Hutchinson in Blackpool in a revenge attack.

Police were called around 6.50 p.m. on Monday 10th April to a report of an aggravated burglary at an address in Scorton Avenue where a group of men, carrying a hammer, metal bar and a wooden pole, had entered a flat and assaulted a man before making off from the scene.

Police attended the incident and spoke with the 44-year-old victim, John Hutchinson (pictured below).

At around 9.10 p.m. on the same day Police were called by the ambulance service to the same address, where Mr Hutchinson had suffered a suspected cardiac arrest. He was taken to Blackpool Victoria Hospital for treatment but sadly later died.

Following a Home Office post-mortem examination, it was established he had died from a ruptured spleen which had caused fatal internal bleeding. The bleeding had been caused by a hammer blow which had struck with considerable force and had fractured a rib and perforated the spleen.

The assault on Mr Hutchinson was a revenge attack after he and another man stole a large quantity of drugs earlier the same day from the home address of a man called Daniel Cunningham.

After an investigation by the Force Major Investigation Team four men were arrested and charged.

After a trial at Preston Crown Court, they were unanimously convicted by a jury.

They were sentenced at Preston Crown Court today (Tuesday 16th January).

  • Daniel Cunningham (16/11/89) Tarnbrook Drive, Blackpool was found guilty of manslaughter. He was sentenced to 18 years for this offence and six years concurrent and two years consecutive for drug offences.
  • Lee Clarke (16/03/90) Greenall Court, Prescot, Merseyside was found guilty of murder. He was sentenced to life with a minimum term of 27 years. He was also given a nine-year concurrent sentence for drug offences.
  • David Bond (28/12/89), Oaklands Avenue, Liverpool was found guilty of murder. He was given a life sentence with a minimum term of 24 years. He was also jailed for six months concurrent for drug offences.
  • Darren McCabe (07/04/76) Warwick Road, Blackpool was convicted of manslaughter. He was jailed for 16 years.

Detective Chief Inspector Andy Fallows, of the Force Major Investigation Team (FMIT) said: “First and foremost my thoughts today are with John Hutchinson’s family and friends who lost a loved one in brutal circumstances. I welcome these sentences and I hope that they provide some sense that justice has been served.”

Lytham St Annes News provides locals and visitors with news across the Fylde Coast



Lytham St Annes
broken clouds

Copyright © 2024. Lytham St Annes News. All Rights Reserved.